March 18th, 2016
Cheers from the Game Developer Conference (GDC) at San Francisco! We’re meeting game developers from Blizzard, Riot Games, Twitch, Amazon, and many more. And we’re telling them about Legion TD 2.
Today, we'd like to share about how Legion TD stacks up against Legion TD 2.
The original Legion TD launched in 2009. Seven years later, people are still hooked! It’s a game that is easy to pick up, but hard to put down.
What to do when you’re stuck in traffic? Play Legion TD of course!
Read more Legion TD stories from Nichika, Soul Eater, BossHK, and Jmarcs.
Legion TD is just plain fun. That’s why Legion TD 2 will have the same core gameplay as the original. If you like Legion TD, you’ll love Legion TD 2.
Beyond that “brand new” look, Legion TD 2 makes significant improvements across the board.
- A brand new world: Nova
- Hundreds of new fighters, many with new abilities
- Custom lane skins, fighter equips, and builder models
- Original soundtrack
- Multi-language support
Official game server
- Steam integration
- Matchmaking & reconnecting
- Player profiles, stats, and achievements
- Guilds & chat channels
- Anti-leaver/anti-griefer systems
New & improved gameplay
- Redesigned HUD with customizable hotkeys
- New “Legion Select” pre-game lobby
- Smart pings (including grid pings)
- Co-op vs. AI practice mode
- Shorter game length (20 waves)
- Mod tools (Apex) to create custom games
- Custom game list to play custom games
- Developer API for mobile & web apps
- Balance updates (bi-weekly)
- New legions
- New skins, equips, and models
- Bug fixes & tweaks as needed
For more details, check out last week's Reddit AMA for answers to many questions. Otherwise, you're more than welcome to leave a comment, post on the forums, or join us in chat!
Next up: Character design, behind-the-scenes
We’ll share more about what goes into designing a character,
including an extended version of the “Making of a King” clip featured in
As a reminder, the project will stay open through March 31st so
there’s plenty of time to tell a friend. Each individual backer makes a
difference. All money raised goes directly toward the game.
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and sign up for our newsletter!