September 1st, 2017
Happy September, everyone!
We just released our biggest patch yet and are closer than ever to releasing the game. Our next milestone (soon™) is an Early Access launch on Steam.
We're looking for an experienced video editor to help with the Legion TD 2 Launch Trailer. Check out our old teaser trailer - if you can do better, get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Partying, Matchmaking, Profiles, & Elo
Big news! As of today, you can officially party with friends, play matchmade games, climb the Elo ladder, and view your stats.
- Normal: Party with 1-4 people and get matched against other players. Only Normal games affect your Elo.
- Practice: Party with 1-4 people and get matched against bots
- Custom: For private in-houses, tournaments, and 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 games
- To climb the Level leaderboard, just have fun playing the game
- To climb the Rating leaderboard, get good! (and win your games)
- Show off your 1-0 100% win rate with Grove and any badges you've earned
Likely before Early Access:
- Post-game stats
- In-game announcer
- Legion insignia
- Mining area and visual workers
- Leveling system 2.0
- Ping wheel 2.0
- Reporting tool
- Mac support
- HUD 2.0
Likely during Early Access:
- Legion Select
- Selectable avatars
- Kickstarter and Founders Edition cosmetics & rewards
- Enchantments & Power-ups
- More legions
August Development Highlights
For a detailed list of changes, see the patch notes on our alpha forums.
- Player profiles & stat-tracking
- Improved leaderboards
- New minimap
- Mastermind reroll
- Bots now take over for leavers
- Soft-quitting (quitting the game now returns you to the main menu)
- Significant bug fixing and game stability improvements
- Unit pathing and targeting improvements
- Significant game balance improvements
- Continued rendering of legion insignia
- Completed concept for HUD 2.0
- Added ticking sound before each wave beings
- Added battle drums and unit sounds when the wave spawns
- Improved client and in-game sounds
- Working on in-game announcer VO
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and join our Discord!