Happy May, everyone!
If you’d like to help translate the game, check out LegionTD2.com/translate. We’re starting to localize some important keywords and phrases for the game client.
BECOME THE IN-GAME ANNOUNCER
Interested in being heard every time someone plays the game? Send your best impressions of “Welcome to Nova,” “Victory,” and “Defeat” to firstname.lastname@example.org
ALPHA TESTING BEGINS
Huge milestone: we’ve finally begun alpha testing. Yes, that means people are playing Legion TD 2 against each other on Steam!
Alpha testing is part of development and is not available to the general public. We want to invite as many people as possible, but the servers cannot support everyone right now. Active members of the community, Kickstarter backers, and pre-purchasers are more likely to receive an alpha key. If you haven’t been invited, it’s not because you’re being ignored. It just takes time to scale a game to be able to support that many people.
If you’re curious what the alpha looks like, check out this sneak peek:
To see more gameplay footage, check out this community video:
APRIL DEVELOPMENT HIGHLIGHTS
- Added custom game rooms; you can now host games and invite other players
- General improvements to the game client, including a loading screen
- Continued iteration on game balance
- Updated all unit and ability tooltips
- Bug fixing and general game improvements - See the Alpha Patch Notes
- Implemented a Lobby server, which handles authentication (via Steam), custom game rooms, and will later support friends, parties, and matchmaking
- Completed final unit icons
- Animated various trees and vegetation around the map
- Started working on new environment models and textures
- Created new sounds for the client - shout-out to Sebastian ‘Thimlife’ Prem for the great work!
- Reorganized and improved the forums; created an Alpha Feedback forum
- Updated the game guide and added new images